Dr James Bellini is a leading futurologist and author with a considerable reputation as a thought-provoking speaker and moderator at top-level management conferences and business schools around the world. James has spent more than twenty-five years as a respected TV broadcaster, futures analyst and writer with a strong focus on social, economic and technological trends over the next ten to twenty years.
After an early academic career James joined the US-headquartered futurology ‘think tank’, the Hudson Institute, as its first British member. He subsequently moved to the BBC to present The Money Programme, Newsnight and Panorama and then to independent television as presenter, writer and narrator of a wide range of award-winning documentary series, current affairs programmes and environmental reports. For seven years he was a studio presenter with Financial Times Television and Sky News.
James has written many books and special reports and is a regular contributor to leading publications. He has also held senior executive positions in advertising and corporate communications and served on the European Advisory Board of the global future forum. He is a member of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
Dr Bellini has a Masters in law and history from Cambridge and a PhD from the London School of Economics. In January 2007 he was elected Fellow of the World Innovation Foundation, founded by Nobel Laureate Glenn Theodore Seaborg. In 2015 James was awarded the Professional Certificate in Coaching – with Merit – by Henley Business School.
James describes himself as ‘an historian of the future’, using the perspectives of history to analyse current realities and explore the shape of things to come:
- ‘Possible futures’ — scenarios for the next 20 years and beyond
- Global shift – the new realities of world economic power
- Sociology of the Future – new rules of everyday life
- Impact of emerging technologies and the wireless world
- Living and working in the Digital Age
- The Digital Consumer
- The Future is Visual
- Corporate Psyche – key to future business success
- Doing business in the future Anywhere Economy
- Innovation in a networked world
- Building a post-carbon future: myth or reality?
- Recent conference engagements have taken him to senior level events in venues across Britain and continental Europe and to the Middle East, the US, China, Argentina, Brazil, Chile,
- Columbia, Uruguay, South Africa, Australia, Malaysia and New Zealand. His audiences have ranged from a company board to a satellite-linked event of many thousands.
His clients include UK government departments and the EU Commission, the British-American Business Council, international professional associations and leading blue chip companies such as IBM, HSBC, Microsoft, Bull, BP, Accenture, Motorola, GE, Barclays Bank, PepsiCo, Gucci, British Telecom, Canon, Symbian, Skillsoft, Pfizer, Nokia, nPower, Orange, PwC, HP and Blackberry.