- Expert in sustainable business, ESG and sustainable living
- Chief Sustainability Officer M&C Saatchi Group, & Founding Partner M&C Saatchi Life
- Former Global Head of Sustainable & Healthy Living for IKEA
- Former Head of Sustainability for IKEA UK&IE
- Member of the P&G Global Sustainability Advisory Board
- NED at sustainable placemaking company Human Nature
- Founder of sustainability company Beyond Green
- Consultant, broadcaster & writer
Joanna is an international expert in sustainable living and a respected voice in sustainable business.
She is Chief Sustainability Officer for the M&C Saatchi Group and Founding Partner of M&C Saatchi LIFE – a strategic creative consultancy on a mission to make sustainable living mainstream. She is also NED at sustainable placemaking company Human Nature and sits on P&G’s global sustainability advisory board.
Previously she was Global Head of Sustainable & Healthy Living for IKEA, focusing on making sustainable and healthy living affordable, attractive and accessible for as many people as possible worldwide, and before that she was Head of Sustainability for IKEA UK & Ireland, where she led the integration of all aspects of sustainability into core business and innovation.
She was a founder of the sustainability company Beyond Green, providing strategic advice to clients ranging from city leaders to the Olympics.
A “face” of sustainability, Joanna has also been a prolific media personality.
She presented BBC3’s Outrageous Wasters, and has appeared on lifestyles and current affairs programmes including GMTV and ITV Tonight.
She has also presented ITV’s 60 Minute Makeover, bringing a glamorous green touch to interior design. Joanna is the author of “1,001 Ways You Can Save the Planet”, “How to Reduce Your Carbon Footprint” and “Eco-logical!” – books designed to make green living easy & accessible for a broad range of readers.
With over 25 years’ experience in applying sustainability principles to projects ranging from household makeovers to multinational business strategies, Joanna brings confidence, humour, vision and clarity to the challenges of net zero, ESG and healthy, sustainable living.